Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Another Board Meeting That Stinks


Day 8 of the Slice of Life Story Challenge



As I sit here trying to think about my day and what was important, I'm listening to my district's school board meeting. There are 7 members plus the superintendent made of people who I'm sure totally believe what they say. But....not ONE of them actually talk to the teachers they make rules for. Like, I'm so angry that they made face coverings optional in OCTOBER 2021 when the county's (and country's) infection rates were sky-high! 

Then, there's the whole money/budge issue -- priorities are for sports. Every time. 

And extra pay for employees during covid? Every district around us got a bonus (some districts got up to $5,000!); us, though, a big fat zero! Nothing. 

I shouldn't be surprised. I shouldn't even care, especially since my plan is to get out of here in two years. But these decisions are par for the course for the elected board members in this district. Teachers are last on the rung for recognition or help or being in the room when decisions are made. 

This is a phenomenon all over the country. Something has to give, right?

(from my Twitter feed today ðŸ˜¢)



No comments:

Post a Comment

How To End A Novel Study

  Today is day 15 of the Slice of Life Challenge. My class of juniors in the Advanced Placement Language & Composition class have finish...