Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Passwords & Promises


Today is Day 1 of March's Slice of Life Challenge. Click the pic to find out more!


I had to change my password at school today -- an actual change in a password not done since 2017. The last numbers of said password was 2017, so this is pretty significant.  Changing passwords is like the worst thing in the world (except trying to think about what to make for dinner EVERY SINGLE DAY, but that's a different blog post!), and today was a bad day to try to to make a major change. 

But I did it. ðŸ™‚    


Now, I know that changing a password isn't all that interesting -- I mean, who doesn't change passwords all the time? But in thinking about how to now be NOT 2017, I had to figure out what I am. Thus, the "promise" in my title. 

My daughter, who I used to write about many years ago, graduates high school in 2024. The promise I've made to myself is that in her last year, it's time for a change for me as well. 

These two years of the pandemic have taken a toll on so many of us, and it's so easy to get discouraged or complacent. Although this promise has been a long time coming, I'm feeling it is more important than before the pandemic started. 

I'm not sure that I want to stop teaching --I'll still have about three years before I can retire--but I think I'd like to change positions. Middle school? Community college? Something totally different? I just love the idea of DIFFERENT! A new challenge ~ new friends to make ~ new town & experiences!! What could be better? 

Anyway, I moved my password from 2017 to 2024 so that everytime I enter it, I'm reminded of the promise of change --new fun on the horizon!



2 comments:

  1. The comment about deciding what to make for dinner every night.... So relatable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed how your slice illustrates unexpected connections, how one change can potentially foster others. The aspirational password choice is a nice touch, too!

    ReplyDelete

How To End A Novel Study

  Today is day 15 of the Slice of Life Challenge. My class of juniors in the Advanced Placement Language & Composition class have finish...