Thursday, March 3, 2022

13 Things I Can't Live Without

                        This is Day 3 of the Slice of Life Story Challenge. 


desert islandThere's so many ways that life has changed since the pandemic started, and most days it's a struggle to get through it. Teaching this year has just become impossible, in the words of a friend of mine. So how does a tired teacher deal?? 

Ya gotta get creative! 

Here are some things that are giving me LIFE right now:

1. Old tv shows! Thank goodness for Netflix & Hulu because I can veg out on all the Seinfeld and Frasier episodes. I can't take the drama shows at all -- so these old friends are back to make life funny again. #It'sBreathtaking  #MyNameIsGeorgeI'mUnemployedAndLiveWithMyParents




2.  Abbott Elementary!!! This show is my new favorite because it's teachers showing how amazing this teaching gig is, even though we have to deal with all the badness in the world. 

3. PM coffee.....okay, hear me out. I don't get up early enough to enjoy my creamy drink in the mornings before work, and by the time I actually get to it at school, it's iced! So when I'm sitting up late, a cup of coffee make me happy. Sometimes, I do a chai tea which hits the spot, too!

4. Wordle...if you know, you know. Who knew there were so many five letter words in the world! :-)

5. Stickers...IDK why, but I love putting stickers in my notebook and calendar. I can't keep up with the daily habit of bullet journaling, but sporadically being creative on some pages is pretty cool.

6. E-books from the library....ALL the books are there! 🥰 The book I'm reading now is The Plot by Jean Hanff Korelitz.

7. Making playlists on Spotify....I've been making playlists for everything from mood music to stories I want to write. One of the last ones I made was for a writing contest in January: Rita's Story My prompt was to write a mystery using a meter maid as a character and incorporating a memory lapse. 🙂

8. Dried mango...just a yummy treat.

9. Popcorn.....I know popcorn is awful for my teeth, but it's my favorite snack. 

10. Everything Bagel seasoning...Go right now to the spice aisle at the grocery store and get this. Add it to all your favorite foods -- especially salads!

11. Buying more books than I could ever read...Lily (my daughter) has grounded me from buying any books in March, but up until now, I just buy another book and add it to my nightstand pile!

12. Teacher groups on Facebook...teachers are so creative, and it's nice to share resources.

13. Lily....the kid makes me laugh every day and reminds me how cool life is. 


So, what kinds of things help you get through the rough spots of life?


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a lovely list of pleasures. I haven't jumped on the Abbott Elementary bandwagon, but I keep reading about it. And I love Wordle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this slice idea and will be borrowing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's important to know what sustains you, and be with the people and do the things you like without any guilt or need to justify. Here's to buying another book!

    ReplyDelete

How To End A Novel Study

  Today is day 15 of the Slice of Life Challenge. My class of juniors in the Advanced Placement Language & Composition class have finish...